Monday, August 4, 2008

My Worldcon panel schedule

Friday 4:00 p.m.
372 Student F&SF 'zines and clubs
CCC - Room 504
From mimeo to Facebook: how student SF clubs have changed over the last decades.
(m)Jim Young, Joseph Martino, Peter Ahlstrom, Tony Lewis

Saturday 10:00 a.m.
449 Rolling up the Wheel of Time
CCC - Room 504
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series has been rolling on for quite a few years now. Find out how Jordan wanted to finish the series, who is going to write the ending, and how the publishers are making it happen. Brandon Sanderson, (m)Moshe Feder, Peter Ahlstrom, Tom Doherty

Saturday 2:30 p.m.
519 The rise and fall of Manga: Japan vs. US
CCC - Room 501
Is Manga really more popular in the US than in Japan and why?
Liz Scheier, Peter Ahlstrom

That second one will be interesting for sure! (If a bit daunting.) I've known Brandon for years, and he introduced me to Tom recently. Brandon and I actually met Moshe at the same time—at a party at World Fantasy in Montreal. That was quite a fateful night, but it was over a year (or even two?) before Moshe finally got around to reading the Elantris manuscript he told Brandon it was fine to send him.

I'll be bringing some old Leading Edge issues to my first panel, and some manga to my third. And a winning smile, of course.

2 comments:

Helena said...

Ooh, that's very cool. Have a great time! Good luck!

Kathey said...

Neat schedule. Sounds really exciting. I also like the part about the winning smile. ^o^

Love, Mom